Monday, November 13, 2017

Book Review

TERRA by Tracy Korn

Jazz and the other first year cadets have escaped Gaia Sur only to become lost in caverns under the ocean floor. As the search begins for Fraya and Vox, it’s learned that aside from not being alone in the myriad of tunnels, a dangerous new world exists. This includes unexpected allies and treacherous terrain which must be crossed in order to continue their quest. Time, unfortunately, is a commodity that cannot be wasted; otherwise risking peril and being stuck in the caverns forever.


I started the first book, AQUA, and ended up binge reading through both novels, only coming up for air long enough to watch the video trailers on The Elements website:  http://www.theelementsseries.com/books

While I enjoyed AQUA, TERRA turned me into an Elements Series addict. I loved the characters, tone, futuristic techie slang, and (yes, ladies) there’s even a love triangle. I had this instinct like the whole TERRA world was an old friend. At some point, it dawned on me that the tale reminded me of Jules Verne’s Journey to the Center of the Earth, with a more modern tone. Jules would undoubtedly approve and I’m really looking forward to reading book #3 in the series, AER. Those who like YA, world building, Sci-Fi, or dystopian should try out these selections by up-and-coming author Tracy Korn.

Rating: 4 out of 5

This book review brought to you by Adult Department Assistant, Melissa.

No comments:

Post a Comment