Monday, June 18, 2018

Young Adult Book Quiz III

You’ll get the first sentence and have to guess which popular YA book it’s from. Submit your answers in the comment section. Have fun and good luck!

“What is the point of a high school reunion when you can already see who got fat and bald on Facebook?” asks Caryn, the intern working with me this semester, and I can’t help but laugh because she’s right.

These Violent Delights – Victoria Namkung
Unplugged – Donna Freitas
In 27 Days – Alison Gervais
Girl, Stolen – April Henry

Magnalia House was the sort of establishment where only wealthy, talented girls mastered their passion.

Prince in Disguise – Stephanie Kate Strohm
Where I Live – Brenda Rufener
The Queens Rising – Rebecca Ross
The Traitor’s Game – Jennifer A. Nielsen

This must be how madness begins.

Bad Call – Stephen Wallenfels
The Tombs – Deborah Schaumberg
Devil in Ohio – Daria Polatin
But Then I Came Back – Estelle Laure

Eight mornings before running away, I found myself at McDonald’s wondering about the direction of my life.

Down and Across – Arvin Ahmadi
Goodbye Days – Jeff Zentner
Escaping Perfect – Emma Harrison
Meet Me at the River – Nina de Gramont

The beast raged; it punctured the air with its spite.

Monster – Michael Grant
Eight Days on Planet Earth – Cat Jordan
Last Night I Sang to the Monster -- Benjamin Alire Sáenz
The Bone Witch – Rin Chupeco

The apocalypse began at Starbucks.

Zombies vs. Unicorns – Justine Larbalestier and Holly Black
This Is Where the World Ends – Amy Zhang
History Is All You Left Me – Adam Silvera
The Apocalypse of Elena Mendoza – Shaun David Hutchinson

I am smack-dab in the middle of the Great Hall at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, exactly three feet from the spot where I barfed on my tenth birthday, just outside the Egyptian wing.

A Semi-Definitive List of Worst Nightmares – Krystal Sutherland
Love and Other Train Wrecks – Leah Konen
Dreamology – Lucy Keating
Nice Try, Jane Sinner – Lianne Oelke

I’m on the toilet at the 9:30 Club, and I’m wondering how mermaids pee.

The Upside of Unrequited – Becky Albertalli
Does My Head Look Big in This? – Randa Abdel-Fattah
Not Now, Not Ever – Lily Anderson
The Last Boy and Girl in the World – Siobhan Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment