Monday, July 16, 2018

Why Volunteer?


Perspectives offered from five of our Young Adult volunteers…

What do you feel are the benefits of volunteering?

Maggie (age 12) - You feel good that you have helped others. And it is always fun, especially if you volunteer with your friends.

Sara (age 17) - It helps the community and keeps some kids out of trouble.

Jabari (age 15) - To help people in need. To do our part for the country, state, town, basically everywhere. In addition, we need to look out for each other.

Dustin (age 11) – I feel very good volunteering because everyone can keep doing what they’re doing.

Braden (age 13) – Meeting new people. Doing something for the community. Resume building. Experience that will help you later in life.

What do you personally enjoy about volunteering at Bremen Public Library?

Maggie – Being at the library in the first place. Every time I come, I do something fun. I laugh almost every time.

Sara – It’s fun. It gets me out of school for a good reason.

Jabari – Books have always been my thing, and I want to do my part to help this library be the best it can be. So much goes on in this library, more than I know from other libraries. This library may be small, but it has a big story, and it wouldn’t be like this without our Bremen Public Library staff. Thank you for having us here!

Dustin – I like that when I’m done I get treats!

Braden – You aren’t forced to work lots of hours as a requirement. You can decide when you want to work. The librarians are nice. You always have something to do. I can get to the library easily.


This Q & A brought to you by YA Librarian, Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment