Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Holiday Memories

Gather around the hearth as several or our YA patrons discuss their favorite holiday memories and what they're hoping to receive for Christmas.

Sara Boyer

My favorite Christmas memory is when my brother and I woke up at 5 a.m. to spy on Santa. We were like 7 years old. I hope to get a ton of hoodies.

Isiah Sarille

My family Christmas memory is my grandma, grandpa, aunt Korina, uncle Raul, cousins Angelica and Alex. We like Christmas and I believe Santa Claus is real. Me and my aunt Korina can go shopping for whatever I want to buy at the many different stores. It's very cold for winter so we can have hot chocolate to keep warm!  I hope my grandparents don't like the winter for Christmas.

Braden Unruh

I think my greatest Christmas memory was last year. It was my favorite because that year my sister and I waited for everyone to wake up, and it felt like my family was really together. I think the thing I would want the most for Christmas is maybe a drill.

Hannah Wright

I like the Christmas months the most because you can read or hear about the Christmas story from the Bible. You can also spend the day with family and friends. And when you go outside at night you can see all the Christmas lights people have decorated their houses with. What I'm really wanting this year is that everyone will have a very good time. Whether they are part of my family or not. And that everyone will have a Merry Christmas.

Selena Martinez

Around Christmas time 3 years ago (2015), my family sparked the idea of going to California for the holidays. Now, we were going for a relative's birthday, but they decided to have some fun while we were there. I can't remember every single detail, but I do recall when we went to Knotts Berry Farm, Disneyland, Hollywood Walk of Fame, and the Santa Monica Beach. Christmas was the same festive-wise, but the people I was celebrating it with were different. My family settled in California rarely came to Indiana, so it was nice to visit them around this time.

This year for Christmas, I don't want to receive any possessions as gifts. As a matter of fact, I just want to give more this year. I want more smiles and kind gestures shown in the community. I'm simply wishing for a Christmas that will bring joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment