Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Book Reviews from Our Young Adult Community

 

Crave by Tracy Wolff 


"My whole world changed when I stepped inside the academy. Nothing is right about this place or the other students in it. Here I am, a mere mortal among gods…or monsters. I still can’t decide which of these warring factions I belong to, if I belong at all. I only know the one thing that unites them is their hatred of me.


Then there’s Jaxon Vega. A vampire with deadly secrets who hasn’t felt anything for a hundred years. But there’s something about him that calls to me, something broken in him that somehow fits with what’s broken in me.

Which could spell death for us all.

Because Jaxon walled himself off for a reason. And now someone wants to wake a sleeping monster, and I’m wondering if I was brought here intentionally—as the bait." -- Goodreads

My Rating: 4.5 of 5 stars 

What I thought about the book: This is a good book. It has a nice plot. It always catches you by surprise. 

This book will appeal to the following: People that like drama, Twilight lovers, and fantasy lovers.

My explanation for the rating: Some of the wording was confusing and it took awhile to comprehend the words, but otherwise it's a good book. 

This book review was brought to you courtesy of an anonymous person in our YA community. 



Crank by Ellen Hopkins 


"In Crank, Ellen Hopkins chronicles the turbulent and often disturbing relationship between Kristina, a character based on her own daughter, and the "monster," the highly addictive drug crystal meth, or "crank." Kristina is introduced to the drug while visiting her largely absent and ne'er-do-well father. While under the influence of the monster, Kristina discovers her sexy alter-ego, Bree: "there is no perfect daughter, / no gifted high school junior, / no Kristina Georgia Snow. / There is only Bree." Bree will do all the things good girl Kristina won't, including attracting the attention of dangerous boys who can provide her with a steady flow of crank." -- Goodreads

My rating: 5 of five stars 

This book will appeal to the following: Teens and drama lovers. 

My explanation for the rating: This was a very intense book. 

This book review was brought to you courtesy of an anonymous person in our YA community. 

No comments:

Post a Comment